Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A blog hop post...something new!

Trying out something new today.  I really enjoy reading other blogs.  Not just stitching blogs but other blogs that interest me.  Honestly, that is how I end my day is by reading blogs on my kindle.

Here is the prompt:

What was your biggest stitching accomplishment in 2012? 
What was your favorite stash acquisition in 2012 and will you be using it in 2013?

I think everyone has now seen my big project that I finished this year after 3 years of hard work (and lots of long breaks).
If you haven't...here it is.  This is Dog Bone Wisdom.  Many people would say to me, "You must really love your dog!"  Actually, I don't own a dog and never have.  We have had a few strays come through we feed them and off they go.  But my husband doesn't like inside animals so we try and keep them to pets in cages...hamsters, fish, guinea pigs and he brought home birds once too!


I had took part in a "Stashmas" on the crossstitchforum.com's site this past year and the object was to post what we would like and they did the same.  We were matched according to where we were willing to ship to I think...but it worked perfectly!  I had been eyeballing some tribal charts that I really wanted to get!  So I chose two charts from http://shoppe.whitewillowstitching.com/  I wanted to get the penguin and the Shamu whale!  Not only did she send those but she sent matching floss and some beautiful linen to complement the patterns!  Here are the pictures from the White Willow site:
Tribal PenguinTribal Orca
Aren't they the cutest! I noticed there were new tribal patterns online...I think they could become addictive if I am not careful but I am loving the pink flamingo!!!


Visit all the blogs in this round of the Stitching the Night Away Stitching Blogger Blog Hop:
Find the instructions on how to participate in this round by clicking here.

2 comments:

  1. Was looking forward to checking out the tribal patterns and my computer (which has some child filter functions on it)blocked it for nudism... LOL... I will have to over ride and check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Dog Bone Wisdom, very nice finish! Fun stash acquisitions too :)

    ReplyDelete